Best VALORANT Agents - Tier List

Which agents do you think are the best in VALORANT?

Post your own tier list.

I would rank the agents like this:
S: Sage, Breach
A: Brimstone, Cypher
B: Viper, Sova
C: Omen, Raze
D: Jett

(S is best, D is worst).

This is based on teamplay in higher ranks. In lower solo Q, the tier list might look completely different.

4 Likes

Hey Toby!

As awesome as your list is, there are some changes I would make.

S: Cypher, Sage

A: Breach, Brimstone

B: Omen, Raze, Viper, Sova

C&D: Jett

4 Likes

It’s still very early beta, so the meta will probably develop a lot over time :smiley:

2 Likes

agreed, But currently I think that there are certain characters that are good based on each map, and there are those characters who are good on every map. Like you said about it being early, we can really say who the best are, when we see more maps and more of the characters capabilities.

2 Likes

True. For example Haven, this map Jett could probably be useful in some scenarios :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, also if you’re pushing showers in bind, as a defender omen is OP

1 Like

S, Cypher, Sage, Brimstone - The cameras and location wires are needed along with heals and smokes :smiley:

A, Breach Viper - Breach has strong abilities and Vipers ultimate can be used perfectly in clutch situations

B, Raze, Sova - Raze has great abilities along with sova they’re just not essential :+1:

C&D, Jett, Omen - Omens Ultimate is good but obvious and jett is uhh :laughing:

2 Likes

@Spooks Ageed

:smiley:

2 Likes

I would say for solo queuing (at least) --This is formed on the spectrum of you not being able to comm with mates, and have to be on your own with your own skill cap.
S: Phoenix
A+: Jett, Raze ((pubstompers) with Jett being huge on haven)
A: Sova, Cypher
B: Breach, Sage, Omen
C+D: Viper, Brimstone

please mind this is my opinion and in my experience with solo queing, and watching streamers solo

2 Likes

I agree that with solo queuing it is completely different gameplay. But not sure Jett would ever be that useful (maybe only on Haven) :smiley: What rank are we talking ?

2 Likes

I dont really play ranked, but scrim wise, its ~plat

edit: for more understanding, I normally am that one guy that subs for someone else on scrims from time to time

1 Like

I just realized I forgot phoenix in my list, like said above he is by far the best Solo character and for that reason I will give phoenix A teir.

2 Likes

Aha I missed him too and I agree, maybe a-b Tier

2 Likes

Here’s my tier list

4 Likes

wow, nicely formatted. But i strongly disagree about cypher, I think hes better than sage

Just wanted to add on why Jett is so good for Solo plays, but not really team efforts

–If you can play her on an advanced level, its all you, she almost becomes you and if you can get muscle memory on what to do on certain situation on certain spots on the map, you can completely alter the match.
And while this does go for a lot of other people, they dont have mobility, because this game seems to be almost a race in a sense, if you can be in the right spot at the right time FIRST then you win that fight / if you can beat them in the spray pattern/crosshair placement race FIRST you win. And with Jett you can be in the right place at the right time FIRST, and be able to reposition correctly FIRST, winning that fight, and if you can do that consistently, you can 1v5 if you have to, being top 2 fragger, and altering the game. But this is super hard to accomplish as you almost have to study when playing her, practicing timing, maps positioning and overall gamesense.
She’s one of the only people that truly show others if you’re shit or not (in a sense atleast).

I hope that makes sense with my tired-as-hell brain typing this, or helps you get what I meant.

EDIT: typos

2 Likes

Hiko posted an interesting video about his take on the agents:

He list the agents like this:
S: Breach, Brimstone, Cypher, Sage
A: Phoenix, Sova
B: Viper
C: Raze
D: Jett, Omen

If you don’t know Hiko, he is a former professional CS:GO player. He is also currently the highest rank in VALORANT.

1 Like

I can agree, but It looks like he’s focusing on the current beta meta.
I bet that this list, give 3 months, will completely change as people become more consistent and get closer to skill ceiling.

1 Like

True, agents and abilities will probably change and the same will the meta

1 Like

Yeah, I really feel like Viper, as viper mains get better, can start to play into the meta more, just since she is a glass cannon, but with the right person behind the screen, she can really do serious damage to opponent players.

And, I feel as Raze is starting to slowly die down, as she can be countered more, (if you’ve seen that in-game too) since we, as a community, are getting more aware at how raze players act and what they do --its more predictable.

And, the one I’m hoping to see more of, as a Jett/Omen main, I would like to see Jett become more and more useful, as she really is a standalone character, purely for the usage of making the opponents die like flies, loosening the tension on your team. --Aswell as omen starting to control the pace of the game more and more, since he can tear through smokes, walls, and get big flanks, under the right conditions and the right hand on the mouse, he can also be huge.

1 Like